- Bayesian Anal.
- Volume 10, Number 1 (2015), 189-221.
Overall Objective Priors
In multi-parameter models, reference priors typically depend on the parameter or quantity of interest, and it is well known that this is necessary to produce objective posterior distributions with optimal properties. There are, however, many situations where one is simultaneously interested in all the parameters of the model or, more realistically, in functions of them that include aspects such as prediction, and it would then be useful to have a single objective prior that could safely be used to produce reasonable posterior inferences for all the quantities of interest. In this paper, we consider three methods for selecting a single objective prior and study, in a variety of problems including the multinomial problem, whether or not the resulting prior is a reasonable overall prior.
Bayesian Anal., Volume 10, Number 1 (2015), 189-221.
First available in Project Euclid: 29 January 2015
Permanent link to this document
Digital Object Identifier
Mathematical Reviews number (MathSciNet)
Zentralblatt MATH identifier
Berger, James O.; Bernardo, Jose M.; Sun, Dongchu. Overall Objective Priors. Bayesian Anal. 10 (2015), no. 1, 189--221. doi:10.1214/14-BA915. https://projecteuclid.org/euclid.ba/1422556416
- Related item: Siva Sivaganesan. Comment on Article by Berger, Bernardo, and Sun.
- Related item: Manuel Mendoza, Eduardo Gutiérrez-Peña. Comment on Article by Berger, Bernardo, and Sun.
- Related item: Judith Rousseau. Comment on Article by Berger, Bernardo, and Sun.
- Related item: Gauri Sankar Datta, Brunero Liseo. Comment on Article by Berger, Bernardo, and Sun.
- Related item: James O. Berger, Jose M. Bernardo, Dongchu Sun. Rejoinder.